Tuesday, September 22, 2015

What My Eyes Have Seen! Part 2 of...

2014
Eastern Europe 
Gender: Boy
Age: 4
Multiple special needs, including DEAFNESS
Weight: 10 lbs 




His picture and the label of deafness is what caught the attention of his unknowing soon-to-be parents, because they are Deaf themselves. 

I remember, vividly, the day his picture was shared in the adoption group in 2014. Even fully clothed, the years of limited nourishment were blatant, as was his distant stare.

Four years old and just 10 pounds?!  Surely that was a typo, a misprint or a gross understatement?  Maybe it was in kilograms instead of lbs?  That would make more sense for a four year old boy...roughly 18 kilograms, that would make more sense.  
I remember soon-to-be mom commenting on advocating for this precious fragile one.  If she and soon-to-be dad had not just brought home their 2nd deaf adopted son earlier that year, maybe...

I remember thinking, "He looks like a __________ (last name of soon-to-be mom and dad).  No, I did not share that with them, then.  

A few weeks later, I just happened to be in soon-to-be mom and dad's home for a visit.  With great pleasure, I was observing the growth and improvements of their two already adopted deaf son's from the same country as this one.  

A few days prior, God had begun to open the windows of heaven for soon-to-be mom and dad to bring this third little one home.  I sat and smiled, shaking my head in agreement, as they shared with me story after story of the ways God was moving to convince them, especially soon-to-be dad, he was to become their third deaf adopted son and He would provide all the funds for his adoption and He would equip them to care for and raise him.

I had traveled twice before with this family to bring home their first two deaf adopted sons.  This time, I would actually be going into the orphanage with them, for their first of two required adoption trips, IF the orphanage director would allow it. 

We did not know it then, but it would be almost a year before that first trip would take place, but already my heart was pounding as I wondered how I would react to seeing this frail little one, for the first time...with my own eyes!

                                 <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Now may the God of peace, who through the blood of the eternal covenant 
brought back from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great Shepherd of the sheep,  
equip you with everything good for doing His will, 
and may He work in us what is pleasing to Him, 
through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.
Hebrews 13 : 20-21

All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for 
teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,  
so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.
2 Timothy 3 : 16-17


 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment