Monday, January 2, 2012

2012...JUST DO IT!


When I told my men last night that I was blogging, Joseph quickly pulled it up on his phone. When he saw the length of my blog for the day, he shook his head and said, “Way to long, mom!” Then they both began to make fun of the fact that I am a very “wordy” person and my emails, newsletters, and whatever else are always “ six pages in length.” I simply told them I had a lot to say and God had given me all those words. They just laughed even more.

Today’s blog will be short and sweet…sort of. I will return to “His saga” later in the week.
Today, the second day of 2012 I want to ask a few questions. Hopefully, these questions will help you (and me) be able to focus more deeply on our Heavenly Father and His plans for each of us in 2012. Keep in mind; I am challenging myself with these same questions and scriptures.

1) If you could change one thing about your relationship with your Lord, what would it be? Change it, in 2012!

Because of this, since the day we heard about you, we have continued praying for you, asking God that you will know fully what he wants. We pray that you will also have great wisdom and understanding in spiritual things so that you will live the kind of life that honors and pleases the Lord in every way. You will produce fruit in every good work and grow in the knowledge of God. God will strengthen you with his own great power so that you will not give up when troubles come, but you will be patient. Colossians 1:9-11

2) Is there something from the past that you promised God you would follow through with, but haven’t? Do it, in 2012!

Anyone who knows the right thing to do, but does not do it, is sinning. James 4:17

3) Is there someone dear to you, who does not know the Savior? Pray for that person daily, in 2012!

Pray continually, and give thanks whatever happens. That is what God wants for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:17-18

Whatever your answer is to the above questions…”Just Do It!” Make 2012 the “Just Do It” year. Do not procrastinate. Do not justify. Do not accept compromise. Do not allow the Enemy to deceive you by causing you to think it’s too late, or that God just doesn’t care. JUST DO IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment