Sunday, June 10, 2012

He calls first...then He equips!

I wrote this blog post before I left for Rwanda and Liberia.  I never posted it, but feel I should do so today.  I have just returned from 27-days in Africa, and I need to hear this truth once again!  I pray this encourages you today! 

Three times, in about as many days, friends and family reminded me that God calls first, and then He equips!

I have known this scriptural truth for many years.  Multiple God-stories, from the Bible, are clothed by this truth.  I have quoted it to others and claimed it in prayer, for myself and others, on numerous occasions.  Suddenly, I was doubting what I know to be truth.  My faith was wavering.

This is one of our Enemies' most skilled ploys--to cause us to doubt God's truth--which undermines our ability to act by faith instead of by sight.  If we can see something, if it is visible, tangible...it is not faith.  Faith is believing without seeing; faith is acting as if something is true, but there is no evidence or proof of it.  Knowing, without a doubt, that God will come through and do what He says He will do...period!

Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.  Hebrews  11:1

Doubt is like cancer, it can seep in completely unnoticed and then without warning 'raise it's ugly head'.  Like a free radical--doubt--engulfs everything healthy and thriving in its path.  Everything that you were assured of before has now been cleverly sabotaged by Enemy's stealth.

The writer of Hebrews tells us..."without faith it is impossible to please God."  So, that means, anything you and I  do that does not fully employ faith, does not please our heavenly Father.  I wonder just how many things I do, in a single day, with no hint of faith involved?

4 comments:

  1. Amen and amen. I need to be reminded of this every day! Love your heart, Becky! Glad you are home! Jo Anna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jo Anna, we all need reminders of this simple truth. I am happy to be home. Now, when can I come for a visit?

      Delete
  2. Thank you for the reminder! I needed that today! God is calling us to step out in Faith and I was asking for physical proof and visual signs... Hmmm welcome home Becky! Praying for you always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Tracy! It was a great trip, but I am thankful to be home. Thanks so much for your prayers!!!

    ReplyDelete